Would you like to get a closer look at what goes on at Dressage at Devon?
Now you can! Dressage at Devon is offering guided barn tours to the media.
Tours will include the webcast studio, show office, scorers' trailer and more.
We're looking forward to seeing you at Dressage at Devon!
This policy is meant to clarify the classifications of photographers present at Dressage at Devon and the permissions granted under each.
Participating photographers attend DAD to photograph the show and the competition with the intent of selling their photos to competitors and other interested parties. It is the intention of the DAD committee to provide competitors the ability to choose from whom they would like to purchase their show photos.
Participating photographers are not permitted in the ring or the pressroom but may shoot from anywhere outside the arenas.
To become a participating photographer, you must:
- Inform DAD management of your intent to attend the show by completing a request form provided by DAD. This form can be found on the website under media.
- Pay a nominal $50.00 fee (per photographer) for the ability to collect income from the potential clientele the venue provides. This fee does not include admittance or parking.
Photographers who fulfill the above requirements will be provided with the following:
- Identification badge (to be worn visibly) stating they are a "Participating Photographer."
- Photographer’s complete contact information will be available to the competitors in the show office and on the DAD web site assuming the information is provided prior to the event. As time allows, the website will also be updated during the show.
- If space allows and at the discretion of the DAD Committee, a small area may be designated at ringside (outside the arena) for exclusive use by photographers on a first come first serve basis.
In fairness to the photographers who have followed the policy requirements, ANY photographer who is noncompliant with the above policy will be asked to leave the show grounds. Forms will be available and payment accepted during the show at the DAD Treasurer’s Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Spectators who are taking photos for personal use only do not need to pay the $50 fee. However, DAD reserves the right to inquire as to their photography usage.
Press photographers are those who are working on assignment from a recognized publication. They have access to the pressroom throughout the show.
Press photographers are not permitted in the ring except under specific circumstances which include:
- Saturday night Grand Prix awards
- Breed show Grand Champion
- Special award ceremonies such as retirements.
If press photographers are interested in photographing the award ceremonies for Born in the USA, Friday night Grand Prix or Sunday Grand Prix Special, they must be positioned in an area designated by the show management.
Press photographers photos are for use by the media only and may not be sold to competitors.
The only photographers allowed inside the competition arenas will be the DAD photography personnel who will be fulfilling the needs of the DAD Committee. Exceptions to this are noted above under press photographer.
The DAD Committee Photographer will be inside the arena for award presentations for committee photographs. The Committee Photographer has permission from DAD to sell awards photos and non-competition candid shots to competitors.
These photographs will also be used on an as-needed basis to accompany pre-show and post-show press releases as well as the daily releases that go out during the show. If there are other photographers (either media or participating) who are willing to provide additional photos (at no charge to DAD), these may be used as well at the discretion of the public relations staff and their editorial contacts. The Committee photographer may not sell or directly give away images to the media. DAD has exclusive use of these images for public relations and advertising.
Please feel free to contact management with any questions or concerns.
Ginny Simon at 610-889-2036 or 610-470-5870
You can download DAD's Photography Policy here.
You can download DAD's Photographer's Request Form to request Photographer Credentials here.